Wiki So Far


While I have not made any contributions to our course’s Wiki page, I have mapped out and researched a few topics I feel as if would enhance our course’s Wiki page. One topic that has always interested me and is being tested right now with Stay-at-home quarantine orders to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 illness is remote education. Beginning in high school with the introduction of Google Classroom and remote tablets such as iPads, I have been exposed to technology within the classroom setting for years now. As the presence of technology within the classroom grew in my experience, I began to question the future of face to face learning. Once I reached higher education and became exposed to distance learning here at Baruch. As CIS 3810 being my first fully online class ever, my childhood daydreams of education being fully online became a reality; at least for the mostly limited selection of fully online classes you can take at Baruch. However as Governor Cuomo ordered the CUNY school system to remain closed until the next semester, Baruch college along with many other universities around the globe decided to transition to distance-learning. As a result, my childhood daydreams of education being fully online not only became a reality, but the norm. Therefore, for a portion of my Wiki contributions for this class, I plan to research and develop a thesis on the possibility and the probability of education turning into distance settings forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Privacy