Blog: Social Networking Sites


For this blog post I have decided to log onto Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat for 5 minutes each in order to gather impressions about each platform. After using each platform, logging my interactions, and comparing the blogs I have realized these platforms are similar while being drastically different. To explain, my interactions with Twitter were unique because I was mainly consuming commentary about subject manners. For example, I read a couple of tweets of people criticizing China’s response to containing the 2019 Coronavirus outbreak. It was interesting how the platform in a sense mandated the users to withhold prior knowledge about the subject as most tweets were commentary. Facebook and Instagram were very similar as in the platforms provided a mixture of factual non-commentary information publishing’s and recreational publishing’s. For example, a lot of the media regarding the Coronavirus on Facebook and Instagram were news outlets posting mainly fact based postings without commentary. Additionally, Facebook and Instagram was filled with people I personally know posting highlights of their days and lives. Snapchat was strictly composed of publishing’s from people I know. Depending on what I was seeing, either the media was sent directly to me by a friend or posted by a friend for all his/her friends to see. Overall, I enjoyed spending time on all platforms. However, my two favorite platforms were Facebook and Instagram as they obtained the pros of Twitter and Snapchat while leaving out the negatives of Twitter and Snapchat. As unnecessary morbid commentary and low level production of media is usually left off of Facebook and Instagram, I plan to use the two platforms more and more. 

Comments

  1. Personally I do not enjoy Facebook. I feel as if they have not truly made any changes to its configuration or layout, what do you think ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Privacy

Wiki So Far